Through a generous donation from The Pears Foundation via Carers Trust, we are thrilled to be introducing a new fund for Young Carers up to the age of 17. Young Carers supported by Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk will have the chance to apply for up to £50.00, directly from us to enable them to take part in activities that would be otherwise inaccessible to them due to their caring role and/or families financial situation.
Thank you for your interest in Carers Trust Young Carers/Young Adult Carers Explore More Funding.
To be eligible you must:
- Be applying on behalf of a Young Carer/Young Adult Carer within the family under the age of 17.
- You can apply for anything up to £50.00 (Fifty pounds) – however you may not necessarily receive the full amount you ask for.
- The money could be used for a new hobby, extra tuition, gym membership or a summer course they would be interested in.
- The money should be spent during the 6 week holiday – July to August 2016.
- Where applicable a member of staff from the Young Carers team may book your tickets, course, etc.
- Receipts/proof of purchase, photos, a feedback form and any other evidence must be sent to us within 2 weeks of the money being spent.
- For everyone on the trip they will be asked to complete a small statement from them in regards to why they enjoyed it/didn’t enjoy it.
- Please note – if we don’t believe the money will go to the specified activity your application will be declined.
- Failure to produce receipts within 3 weeks of the above date will mean repaying all monies to Carers Trust Cambridgeshire.
Unfortunately this funding has a limit so we cannot accept all application forms. We shall be in touch with you within 10 working days from when we received the application form to let you know if you have been successful.
Download the flyer here: Pears Explore More flyer poster July 2016
Download the application form here: Pears Fund Application Form
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Alice Boon at [email protected] or call 01480 499098.
This fund is to enable our Young Carers/Young Adult Carers to make happy memories.