Financial support

Financial support

Please see below information on a range of financial advice and support available for carers. You can also see our page advice about benefits for carers by clicking here.

Help for households campaign

The government has produced information to help you see what cost of living support you could be eligible for. This is at

The advice includes help with:

National Energy Action

National Energy Action are working against fuel poverty, to ensure that everyone in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is warm and safe at home.

NEA’s WASH Advice Service is a free support service providing advice to householders in England and Wales on their energy bills and keeping warm and safe in their home. We can also help with benefits advice and income maximisation. See

The Government has announced a series of one-off measures to help households with the high cost of energy this winter. These are:

  • Low-income Cost of Living Payment
  • Pensioner Cost of Living Payment
  • Disability payment

See more on these at Advice on what to do if you are struggling with your fuel bills can be found at

And if you provide advice to others (or want to access resources yourself) the NEA has developed a series of multi-lingual information leaflets aimed at frontline workers to help provide advice in the communities. See

Support and advice from Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire County Council have information on the support available for energy bills. This can be viewed at

They also have information on other subjects, click below to read more:

Support and advice from Peterborough City Council

Peterborough City Council have advice available at

This includes information on the Household Support Fund.

Support and advice from Norfolk County Council

Norfolk County Council has a welfare rights unit. The support available can include checking you are receiving money you are entitled to, through to representing you at tribunal/appeal hearings.

If you are an adult carer who would like to be referred for this support then please contact Carers Matter Norfolk on 0800 083 1148 or at [email protected]

If you are a parent carer (looking after a child with care needs) contact Caring Together on 0345 241 0954 or at [email protected] for a referral.

To find out more about the help and advice on benefits available from Norfolk County Council visit

Norfolk Assistance Scheme

If you are in financial hardship and struggling to pay your living costs, the Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS) may be able to help you.

The Norfolk County Council scheme offers emergency financial help, such as food vouchers, and help with fuel or utilities, or with rent arrears. Norfolk Assistance Scheme can also provide essential household goods and furniture, along with giving support, guidance and advice about other support organisations that are available.

NAS has two categories of support. One for individuals of working age and one for individuals aged 65 and over. NAS is working in partnership with the Age UK Norfolk and Age UK Norwich for support aimed at the over 65s.

You can apply for support online via

If you are of working-age and do not have access to the internet, call 0344 800 8020

If you are aged 65 and over and with no access to the internet, call Your Norfolk Advice Line on 0333 996 8333

Norfolk Warm and Wise

If you would like a one-to-one energy advice appointment with Norfolk Warm and Wise contact or the Norfolk Adviceline on 0800 144 8848

The Norfolk Warm & Wise project is a partnership between Citizen Advice Diss, Thetford and District and Norfolk Citizens Advice.

Page last modified: 24 May 2023