It has been announced that carers are being added to the list of people being offered a COVID booster vaccination this autumn. This is in addition to carers also being eligible for a free flu vaccination.
If you need support attending your appointment for either of these vaccinations, or any other medical appointment, please do contact us to find out how we can help.
Our support can include covering the care needs of the person you look after or removing other barriers to you getting your vaccinations.
Please note this is help with attending your appointment, we are not able to arrange vaccination appointments. Ensure you are registered as a carer with your GP to ensure you are invited for a vaccination at the relevant time.
Call us on 0345 241 0954 or email us at [email protected]
Details of eligibility for vaccinations
Under the advice, those eligible for a further dose will be:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers*
- All adults aged 50 and over
- Those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
- Those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Those aged 16 to 49 years who are carers