We are pleased to offer support grants for young carers aged 15 and under across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk, to be able to access similar opportunities to those of their peers. The Explore More! programme is made possible thanks to funding from the Pears Foundation, provided by Carers Trust to Caring Together to enable us to support young carers.
Support grants can go towards paying for:
- Costs associated with sports/recreational activities (e.g. entrance fees, transport costs, etc.)
- Buying activity related equipment (e.g. sports kits and clothing)
- Tuition which builds on a demonstrated interest and/or talent (e.g. music tuition)
- Attendance on school/club/group organised trips
- Access to short term counselling support until statutory provision is made available (no more than 5 sessions)
- Access to additional educational related equipment.
We have a limited amount of money, aiming to support as many young carers as possible. Decisions will be made by a panel of Caring Together staff and young adult carers on what will make the most difference given the money available. All applications made in each round will be assessed alongside each other.
See guidance notes Explore More! key information [PDF, 110kB]
The application form can be found: Explore More! bursary application form [Word, 821kB]
To apply you will need to complete an application form and email it to [email protected]
- There will be two rounds:
- Round 1: Closing Friday 6 December 2019, 12pm
- Round 2: Closing Wednesday 15 January 2019, 12pm
Please note: if you apply in round 1 and are unsuccessful, you are still eligible to be considered in round 2.