This was held on the eve of Carers Rights Day 2022 as a virtual carers conference. With sessions for both carers and health professionals. All of the sessions were be in line with the aim of Carers Rights Day:
- Ensuring carers and professionals are aware of the rights carers and young carers have.
- Letting carers and professionals know what help and support is available across the county.
- Raising awareness of the needs of carers of all ages (including young carers and parent carers).
9.30am-9.45am – Zoom room opens
9.45am-10.00am – Welcome and Introduction
10.00am-11.00am – Carers’ experiences with health and social care professionals
11.30am-12.30pm – Impact of caring on the physical and mental health of carers
1.00pm-2.30pm – Support available for carers and Carers’ Rights
2.30pm-3.00pm – Carers’ strategy update
4.00pm-5.00pm – Introduction to young carers
5.00pm-6.00pm – Interviews with young carers
Resources relevant to the conference
- Click here to download the full Carers Speak Out report [PDF, 4MB]
- See more at caringtogether.org/carers-speak-out
- Click here to find out more about the coming out of hospital information from Carers UK
- You can download a PDF of Caring Together’s carers rights guide here [PDF, 73kB]
- See more at caringtogether.org/help-advice/carers-rights/
- You can download our Caring Together’s guide to emergency planning for carers here [PDF, 72kB]