Caring Together recognises its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of adults, children, and young people that we support or who access our services.
Safeguarding adults means:
- Protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.
- People and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risk and experience of abuse or neglect, while at the same time making sure that the person’s wellbeing is promoted, including where appropriate, having regard to their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action.
Safeguarding children and young people means:
- Protecting them from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances.
How we manage safeguarding?
Caring Together has a safeguarding team led by the designated safeguarding lead. All safeguarding concerns raised are investigated and appropriate referrals made to the local authority safeguarding board.
Staff receive appropriate safeguarding training, support and advice. The board of trustees have oversight of safeguarding and have nominated a safeguarding lead.
Do you have a concern or worry?
If there is immediate danger to life call 999.
If you have a safeguarding concern regarding a Caring Together service user, staff member or volunteer you can report this to one of our designated safeguarding officers (DSO) by:
- Calling 01480 499090 and ask to speak to a DSO.
- Emailing [email protected]
Or alternatively, you can contact:
- The local authority safeguarding board, see details below.
- Report concerns to the Care Quality Commission or the Charity Commission.
If it does not relate to a Caring Together service user, staff member or volunteer, please contact your relevant local authority safeguarding board.
Local safeguarding boards
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough safeguarding adults’ board
Cambridgeshire – 0345 045 5202 | Peterborough – 01733 864038
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough safeguarding children partnership board
Cambridgeshire – 0345 045 1362 | Peterborough – 01733 864180
Norfolk’s safeguarding adults board
0344 800 8020
Norfolk safeguarding children partnership
0344 800 8021
Have some feedback?
If you have a compliment or complaint, find out more here.