1. There are 78,000 carers in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
2. Most go unrecognised and receive little or no support until a crisis point.
3. When we have significant caring responsibilities, we are very likely to have interests and aspirations pre-dating our current situation – and quite possibly put on hold, or even abandoned, because of it.
Jon Rouse https://jonrouse.blog.gov.uk/2014/07/16/carers-and-employment/.
4. 83% report a negative impact on mental and physical health.
Carers Week Survey 2012.
5. 61% have faced depression.
6. 49% are struggling financially.
MORI Poll 2009.
7. According to the 2011 Census, there are 1,506 Young Carers in Peterborough.
8. Financial savings will accrue from 5%.
9. It is recommended as a good practice example in the Royal College of GPs.
10. Quote from CQC report.