What are family carers hubs?
- Would you like the chance to meet with other carers in your area without having to worry about replacement care for the person you support?
- Would you like practical support, information and training to help you in your caring role?
- Would you benefit from peer support or from talking to one of our trained professionals about what matters to you?
If any of these apply to you why not come along to one of our regular family carers hubs.
Family carers hubs are for all adult carers and the person they care for.
The hubs provide opportunities to access a range of co-ordinated community based help and support which includes social groups, activities, training and wellbeing support for carers and the people they care for. This enables carers to have a short break within the hub knowing that the person that they care for is involved in a safe, meaningful and enjoyable activity. They also provide opportunities for carers and the people they care for to engage in activities together. Family carers hubs bring together a range of organisations who are able to offer support and information to carers through talks, presentations and information stands.
What help can I get at a family carers hub?
Staff will be able to:
- Help carers to access a carers’ assessment
- Help carers understand emergency planning
- Refer someone for a break, through the family carers’ prescription
- Signpost to other organisations/services for support
- Provide a listening ear
- Help carers to understand their rights as a carer (including benefits and other entitlements)
- Provide practical advice around caring for someone
- Enable carers to have their voices heard through surveys and consultation opportunities on both a local and national level
- Provide access to activities that can improve the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of carers.
Where and when are the family carers hubs?
Family carers hubs are running in the following communities:
* Please note dates are subject to change due to public holidays. Please call 01480 499090 to confirm or refer to the latest edition of the Carers Magazine.
Caring for someone with dementia? All our hubs are dementia friendly and aimed at supporting carers to take a short break, whether that’s on their own, or together with their loved one.
If you live in Norfolk and care for someone with dementia, find out more about The Wednesday Club for Dementia in Scratby.
Family carers hubs are supported by the Big Lottery Fund and Postcode Community Trust.