Are you the carer of an adult with learning disabilities or autism who is or has been an inpatient in a mental health, learning disability or autism specialist hospital?
As part of an NHS England funded project reviewing advocacy for people with autism and people with learning disabilities in hospital settings, the Challenging Behaviour Foundation are exploring family carers’ experiences both acting as an advocate for their relatives and also of advocacy that is provided to their relatives while they are in inpatient settings.
The Challenging Behaviour Foundation has produced a questionnaire which explores:
- Carers’ experiences of advocacy.
- How carers have supported their relative to be listened to and understood.
- How they have, or could have been, supported in doing this.
- Carers’ ideas about how advocacy for individuals in hospital can be improved.
- What support and information would be helpful, both for family carers as advocates and their relatives.
If you are a family carer whose relative is (or has been) an in-patient in hospital, please complete the questionnaire available here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EacKAhSW2EimRrEOQsuQITB6Rmd1KGpOixin0Dc2OW9UQUJNQUI2NjY5WVRETFg1RUhPSkw1Rkk0Ti4u
Or you can contact the CBF at [email protected] or call 01634 838739 for a paper copy.