Do you have a young adult in your family that helps to care for a family member? Are they planning to attend or already studying at college or university?
Carers Trust and researchers at University College London (UCL) are keen to hear their experiences on leaving school, as well as applying to or attending university college or apprenticeships at workshops to be held at the London university on:
- Wednesday 7 June (for those 19-23 years old), 11.00am-2:30pm
- Thursday 20 July (for those 16-18 years old) 11am-2.30pm.
Their feedback will be used in the UCL’s research project on the education and training experiences of young carers and young adult carers.
In addition to having their voices heard, they will also get the chance to learn more about studying at UCL and beyond.
They would like to hear from people with a range of experiences:
- Those who attended or plan to attend university or college
- Those who started university or college and suspended or paused their studies
- Those who applied and didn’t attend or haven’t yet attended; and
- Those who thought of applying but didn’t or haven’t yet
They will receive lunch, travel expenses, a £20 Amazon voucher and a student-led tour of the UCL campus.
For further information and to book a place email, [email protected].