Isle of Ely Society For The Blind is a registered charity established in 1923 to care for the blind and partially sighted within what was the old county of the Isle of Ely, prior to it being amalgamated with Cambridgeshire. Caring for the needs of visually impaired people within North East Cambridgeshire, with offices and resource centre based in March Town Hall, services include:
- Home visits on registration with the society
- Information and advice
- Society activities which include outings, Christmas party
- Each month they hold support group meetings in Ely, March and Wisbech.
- Liaise with sensory services and other organisations
- Keep in regular touch with members through newsletters and birthday cards and always available to help with any problems they may encounter
- IT classes weekly.