Family Voice Peterborough is a local registered charity who are actively seeking to improve services in all areas of the lives of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. They exist for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years with a disability or additional needs.
Services they provide include::
- Helping parents engage with professionals across the Health, Education and Social Care sectors.
- Facilitating participation in service delivery.
- Providing a voice for parents at strategic level meetings.
- Holding informative events enabling parents and carers have access to the information about what services are available to them.
- Signposting parents and carers to other agencies/ organisations who provide specific services that we do not.
What they aim to do:
- To ensure that parents and carers have a genuine influence in the shaping of services.
- Facilitate participation in service delivery.
- To raise awareness of unmet needs and ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to raise issues and areas of concern.
- To work in partnership with all other statutory and voluntary organisations.
- To be a positive force to encourage and ensure that the local authority improves services for our children and young people.
- To be the strategic consultative body within Peterborough representing families of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.