Did you hear about your ballot place for the Virgin Money London Marathon this week? Whether you have a place or not we want to hear from you.
If you got a place in the ballot we’re looking for ‘own place runners’ to run and raise money to make a difference to the lives of carers.
And if you missed out we have a place that you can apply for as a fundraiser for us.
You can make an impact by achieving your own personal goal – whether it is to complete you first ever marathon or to hit a target time – and also raise funds to help carers. This is a great opportunity with:
- Personalised advice and support for both training and race day from a former international athlete and UKA licensed coach.
- A technical running vest so that you can show support in training and on the day itself.
- Access to our dedicated fundraising team who will give help and advice on how to make the most out of your fundraising.
- Knowledge that by running you are supporting carers.
Caring Together offer a range of support for carers and people they care for including:
- Care in their home and community for adults and children.
- Information, advice and guidance to help in their caring role.
- Dedicated staff to identify and arrange support.
- Local carer groups and support for carers from other carers.
- Tailored services for young carers and young adult carers.
- Help to plan for the unexpected.
- Immediate support in a crisis.
- Specialist dementia support.
Sam Corbett, last year stepped out to help carers, with another race – the Cambridge Half Marathon 2020, describing why she decided to run for Caring Together, said:
“I decided to run for Caring Together after a client of mine, who now works for the charity, told me about them and what the work they do. I was oblivious to how many people in our local communities are carers and how much it affects their day to day lives. Caring Together is a charity which directly helps local people across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk.
“Some carers struggle to work, go to school, do the weekly shop, or even get a haircut without worrying about the person who they care for. That is why it is so important Caring Together provides support for carers of all ages with services and activities in the local community, advice and information, and by campaigning.”
For more information or simply to talk through whether this is for you contact Nicky Newton on 01480 499090 or email [email protected]