Norfolk Young Carers Forum (NYCF) gives young carers and young adult carers the opportunity to raise awareness and make a difference about the issues that affect them and their families.
Are you a young carer or a young adult carer?
Do you live in Norfolk?
Do you want to help make things better for young carers and their families?
Then the Norfolk Young Carers Forum is for YOU!
There are lots of different ways for you to get involved:
- Area Forums where you can help plan and deliver campaigns on the issues that affect you and your families.
- County Forum where you can take a leading role in some of our biggest events and projects. You’ll get to meet and work with other young carers from across the county.
- E-Forums and surveys through the NSPCC’s secure social network N-Spire
- Taking part in special events such as conferences and training for adults
- You can get involved as much or as little as you want.
As a Forum member you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet other young carers who also want to make a difference
- Receive free training to improve your skills and confidence
- Influence the direction of the Forum’s work
- Work with Norfolk County Council and other relevant organisations
- Help improve awareness of young carers and young adult carers throughout the county
- Discuss issues, such as education and health services, with the people who make decisions
- Take part in local and national initiatives – find out more.
For more information contact the team on [email protected]
The Forum is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- We support NHS England with their Young Carer Health Champions Programme. Out of the Woods is a film that the Health Champions have produced
- Click here for Our Care, Our Lives video – Commissioned by NYCF
- Click here for Misunderstood video, produced by Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Young Carers (and featuring some members of NYCF)
- Forum members have been interviewed for local and national media about issues facing young carers and their families. Contributing articles and pieces for BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 5 Live, First News, Eastern Daily Press.
Norfolk’s Young Carers Guide to Needs Assessment
This guide has been created with participation from members of the Forum in partnership with Norfolk County Council.
NYCF Young Carers Friendly Tick Award
Forum members have created a new Quality Standard for schools, colleges and universities, the ‘Young Carers Friendly Tick’ Award. Read more