This year’s Carers Week from 7 – 13 June has the theme ‘make caring visible and valued’. You can show how you value carers and the incredible contribution to our communities they make by looking after a family member or friend by donating to help us to support more carers on our Virgin Money Giving page.
Earlier this year we looked back at how we had been able to support carers since the coronavirus pandemic began. Here are just some of the ways we supported carers between April 2020 and January 2021. We have:
- Answered 10,331 calls to our carer helpline, providing vital information, advice and guidance.
- Delivered 200 carer care packs including essential items such as facemasks, gloves and aprons.
- Given bursaries to 83 carers and their families to support them when they need it most.
- Supported 128 carers with our ‘listening ear’ service, giving them the chance to talk to someone who cares.
- Run 85 virtual carer groups so that carers have had a chance to connect with others and take a break from looking after someone.
- Provided 62,923 hours of homecare so that carers are able to take a break.
- Registered 4112 emergency plans so that carers know what to do if something happens that means they are unable to care.
You can help us support more carers caringtogether.org/donate
If you prefer to donate by text you can:
- donate £1, by texting C4CARER3 to 70201
- donate £3, by texting C4CARER3 to 70331
- donate £5, by texting C4CARER3 to 70970
- donate £10, by texting C4CARER3 to 70191
Standard text rates apply.
* Caring Together Charity needs to raise funds for these and for other charitable purposes.
Text donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme (Charity No: 1149800), operating as DONATE. Texts will be charged at your standard network rate. For terms and conditions, see www.easydonate.org