Are you struggling to buy food or to pay for household bills?

28th April 22

The Household Support Fund, funded by the Department of Work and Pensions, is designed to provide short-term financial support for people struggling to pay for essentials such as food, heating and water

You can access this support if you earn less than £17,940 per year or are in receipt of one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

The fund can help you with:

  • Food and essential supplies
  • Paying for gas, electricity, oil or water in your home
  • Other essential supplies, such as repairs to your boiler to help keep you and your family warm

To apply directly to the Household Support Fund and you live in the Cambridgeshire area, go to or call 0345 045 5219

If you live in the Peterborough area, go to or call 0345 045 5219.

The above websites have further information on how to apply for the fund and organisations that can support with your application.