At Caring Together we provide information and advice, run services in our local communities and campaign for carers’ rights, so that carers have choices.
How we are doing this has had to change but our purpose and commitment to carers and the people they look after remains the same.
We offer a range of support for carers and people they care for including:
- Help to attend your appointment for a coronavirus vaccination.
- Providing information, advice and guidance by telephone, email and our website.
- This includes information about specific local services and support carers can benefit from.
- Offering our Listening Ear and telephone support service.
- Supporting and connecting carers by video meet-ups, phone calls and email (instead of the usual hubs and groups).
- Help to plan for the unexpected.
- Immediate support in a crisis.
- Homecare by our qualified care workers
- This can include personal care, medication support, meal preparation, shopping, collection of medication and more.
- Carer care packs including personal protective equipment (PPE)*
- Carers may be eligible to benefit from a carer break, delivered by our homecare team, at no cost to them*
- Campaigning for carers’ rights.
- Raising awareness of carers.
- Providing regular information and updates on social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
*Please contact us for details on the carer care packs, including PPE, and the availability of free carer breaks, delivered by our homecare team.
We are continuing to take referrals at this time.
On our website you can also find information for during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis on:
- Help to attend your vaccination appointment
- Government guidance for carers about the coronavirus crisis, including how we can help you with this
- Getting the advice and support you need
- Help to plan for the unexpected and getting support in a crisis
- Supporting young carers at this time
- Caring for adults
- Shopping for the person you look after
People in the Cambridgeshire or Peterborough area may also want to see:
- The COVID-19 Coordination hub to find or request support. Call 0345 045 5200 or you can click here to visit the Cambridgeshire website or click here to visit the Peterborough website.
- The specific Cambridgeshire County Council website page of information for carers or the Peterborough City Council website page of information for carers.
We are closely monitoring and following the updates from the government and relevant authorities that regulate and give guidance to care providers.
You can keep up to date on keeping yourself and your family well during this time of coronavirus (COVID-19) by following the latest NHS advice at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/