Shelter is a charity that exists to defend the right to a safe home.
If you have a housing related problem they can help:
- Locally – with advice and support services which offer one-to-one, personalised help with housing issues and homelessness.
- Online – via their website you can find expert information about everything from reclaiming your deposit to applying as homeless, or speak to an adviser over webchat.
- Over the phone – Their free emergency helpline is open 365 days a year to answer calls from anyone struggling with a housing issue or homelessness.
- Legal – Their solicitors provide free legal advice and attend court to help people who’ve lost their homes or are facing eviction.
Topics they can help with include:
- Private renting
- Tenancy deposits
- Benefits and money problems
- Council housing
- Mortgage repossession
Click on the links above or visit england.shelter.org.uk/