Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants from local councils

The person you care for could get a grant from their council if they are disabled and need to make changes to their home. For example if they are:

  • are physically disabled
  • have a learning disability
  • have age-related needs
  • are autistic
  • have a cognitive impairment, like dementia
  • have a progressive condition, like motor neurone disease
  • have a terminal illness
  • have a mental health condition

They might need to:

  • widen doors and install ramps or grab rails
  • improve access to rooms and facilities, for example with a stairlift, or level access shower
  • improve access to your garden
  • build an extension, for example a downstairs bedroom
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

You apply to your local council for the grant and you can find where to apply by clicking here

The government funds an organisation called Foundations who can help you to apply.

Services: Autism spectrum disorderCancerDisabilityElderly frailLearning disabilitySensory impairmentStrokeCoverage: NationalCambridge CityEast CambridgeshireFenlandHuntingdonshireSouth CambridgeshirePeterboroughBrecklandBroadlandGreat YarmouthKing’s Lynn and West NorfolkNorth NorfolkNorwichSouth Norfolk