As the UK’s only national membership charity for carers, Carers UK is both a supportive community and a movement for change. For the past 50 years Carers UK have been driven by carers, raising their voices together to call for change and seek recognition and support. Carers UK’s mission is to make life better for carers. They:
- Give expert advice, information and support.
- Connect carers so no-one has to care alone.
- Campaign together for lasting change.
- Innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
Carers UK Helpline – 0808 808 7777 You can talk to them five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. They can do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring. Carers UK provide information and advice on:
- Benefits and tax credits
- Carers employment rights
- Carers’ assessments
- The services available for carers
- How to complain effectively and challenge decisions.