|Senior People Advisor
|25 hours per week
|£21,621-23,648 Pro-rated (£32-35,000 FTE)
|Head of People
|Hybrid working arrangement consisting of home-working and office-based (St Ives, Cambridgeshire) working with some travel to our other office locations and across our region as required.
About Caring Together Charity
More than three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, information and advice to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world in which no unpaid carer is in crisis, isolated or struggling alone.
About the role
The Senior People Advisor will work as part of the People team alongside the Head of People. The team supports the charity to achieve its objectives through the effective management and development of our most important resource: our people.
As well as having the opportunity to work on and lead employee engagement and wellbeing projects a key focus area for this role will be to coach and support our managers with day-to-day people related activity across the whole employee lifecycle. You will also work with the People Coordinator and Head of People on the development of our policies and processes to ensure employee experience is at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will have a people first approach to HR management as we are aspiring to introduce the EACH model to the charity focussing on Employees as Adults, Consumers and Human Beings. Generalist HR experience having managed a caseload of absence management and conduct cases is essential as you will be advising managers on employment law and guiding them in applying our policies in an empathetic and human way.
We are a small People team who work closely together and support each other to ensure a seamless person-centred service so you must be a team player who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on role.
Key accountabilities of the role include
- Deliver expert HR advice and support across the employee life cycle with the support of the Head of people and external legal advisors
- Support managers to manage employee relations casework to conclusion including absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes, TUPE and redundancy.
- Support in providing coaching and training to managers on best practice people management and helping them develop confidence in leading a team.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help drive the alignment of the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Alongside other members of the People Team and the wider organisation be involved in the design and implementation of our EDI agenda ensuring all activity and decision making is inclusive and fair to all.
- Support the recruitment process for employees and volunteers, including advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the monitoring, development, review and implementation of relevant policies and processes to drive ensure they are up to date and user friendly.
- Ensure data systems and record keeping are updated in a timely manner, communicating any relevant changes to the Payroll department.
- Provide creative and expert insight to drive the development of HR initiatives including employee and volunteer engagement, reward, talent management and inclusion.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees.
- Drive HR performance to have a positive impact on operational requirements.
- Actively track and review KPIs as well as supporting in preparing data and reports
- Help develop and maintain consistent guidance, templates and frameworks on our systems.
- Be an ambassador for cultural change, including embedding behaviours.
- Work at all times within the philosophy and policies of Caring Together
- Undertake any other duties requested by management that may be considered commensurate with the level of the post.
Please see full job pack for key accountabilities and person specification for this role
If you would like to have a chat with us about this role we would love to hear from you – just click here to contact us and we can arrange this.
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter describing how you meet the person specification to [email protected]
Closing date: 10 March 2024
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place week commencing 18 March 2024
We are currently not registered for the skilled sponsorship programme, therefore we are unfortunately unable to accept any applications in this criterion. Please only apply if you have the relevant UK right to work documentation.