|Role||Senior fundraising manager|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Accountable to||Head of fundraising and communications|
|Responsible for||None at present|
|Based||Hybrid working arrangement (home and the St Ives, Cambridgeshire office) with a minimum of Thursday mornings in the office|
About Caring Together
More than three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, information and advice to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world in which no unpaid carer is in crisis, isolated or struggling alone.
About the role
This new role will drive forward fundraising activity at Caring Together Charity to support the over 150,000 unpaid carers of all ages across our region.
No one plans to become an unpaid carer. Yet the unpaid carers we support often devote hours of their time day in, day out to looking after a family member or friend with a long-term illness or disability. Whether the person you look after has dementia, cancer or schizophrenia, and whether they are your parent, partner, child, sister or grown-up son, that person cannot cope without your support, and you cannot plan your day without considering their needs.
The postholder will develop plans and implement campaigns to raise funds from individual giving including direct mail appeals, in memory giving, legacies, community fundraising and gaming.
Our new strategy prioritises fundraising and provides for bold and compelling messages to enable us to engage with new and existing supporters, motivating people and organisations to support our work into the future.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Working with the Head of fundraising and communications, devise annual fundraising plans and activities to achieve the ambitions set out in the Caring Together Fundraising Strategy.
- Adopt a creative and innovative approach, testing new activities and methods to engage supporters and raise funds, evaluating and learning from these on a continuous basis.
- Prioritise sustainable fundraising activities and approaches to building relationships, with a focus on retention and supporter development as well as new supporter acquisition.
- Develop a good understanding of all Caring Together services and projects, and work closely with the senior trusts and projects manager to match fundraising activities to projects and develop campaigns that maximise opportunities.
- Plan and implement fundraising campaigns, with a proactive, hands-on approach to generating income from:
What we require from you includes:
- Experience of developing fundraising plans and approaches, and personally achieving income targets.
- Experience of individual giving, including writing and managing direct mail appeals.
- Experience of developing and implementing in-memory and legacy fundraising campaigns, and growing income in this area.
- Self-motivated and accomplished at driving projects forward, managing own workload and time.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with others to achieve the best results for the charity.
What we can offer you includes:
- Discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Opportunity for professional development
If you would like to have a chat with us about this role we would love to hear from you – just click here to contact us and we can arrange this.
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter describing how you meet the person specification to [email protected]
Closing date: 9am on Monday 18 September 2023
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place in week beginning: Wednesday 27 September
We are currently not registered for the skilled sponsorship programme, therefore we are unfortunately unable to accept any applications in this criterion. Please only apply if you have the relevant UK right to work documentation.