|Hours||74 hours over a two week period (to support a 24/7 service)|
|Accountable to||Care team manager|
|Responsible for||No direct line management at present|
About Caring Together
We are proud to support over 17,000 carers and their families every year. Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
We believe in providing great care and connecting with the people we support.
About the role
As part of the care team, your key focus areas will be providing a flexible service to patients and their families. You will support a practical and emotional response to individuals returning home after hospital discharge and/or to prevent admission into hospital, assisting them into settle safely back into their home environment, including supporting to build confidence levels and independence
The successful candidate will have experience in providing personal and social care preferably between 2-5 years’ experience within a domiciliary setting. A minimum NVQ Level 2 in health and social care or equivalent is essential.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Be part of a responsive team providing support to customers and their families at short notice in the event of illness or absence in the hospital and community, as well as hospital avoidance and breaks for carers.
- Provide care support in the community via our homecare service, including complex cases.
- To travel as required in order to deliver person centred support.
- To play a proactive role in signposting patients and their families to other relevant support services (both internal and external, both statutory and non-statutory), to prevent further admissions.
- Work in partnership with the bookings team to identify required support needs, enabling people to remain and return safely in their own homes.
- To maintain regular contact with the bookings team when on duty to ensure case management and a prompt response, keeping in touch with progress of support.
- Complete contingency risk assessments, assessments and risk assessments for new and existing customers and emergency packages of care to maintain a ‘rapid response’ to customer need and ensure high quality support.
- Liaise regularly and effectively with the wider team.
- Although generally working on an agreed shift pattern, there may be circumstances when the support requires this to be implemented flexibly i.e. starting the shift earlier or ending later on occasion for the same number of hours.
- Provide flexible cover for colleagues in the event of holiday and sickness, working as part of a caring team.
- To take part in the out of hours on call rota system.
- Complete and submit paperwork, including incidents and safeguarding concerns to required standards.
- To maintain accurate records on in house systems, to support with patient and family carer case management and contribute to contractual reporting requirements.
- Participate in an induction programme and attend on-going in-service training as required by the role.
- Attend regular meetings and supervisions as agreed.
- Establish positive working relationships internally and externally to support the company to achieve its business plan and meet customers’ outcomes.
- To work at all times within the philosophy and policies of Caring Together.
- To undertake any other duties that may be considered commensurate with the level of the post.
- Able to work under pressure and cope with change and conflicting priorities.
- Willingness to travel across our region.
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Engaging personality who demonstrates a friendly, constructive, solution-focussed approach.
- Ongoing training and professional development.
- Dependent on availability flexible hours to suit.
- Mileage expenses.
- On-call standby payment.
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days) as well as the option to buy additional annual leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Fuel card (terms apply).
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Long service awards.
To discuss the role please contact Chantal at Caring Together.