|Role||HR advisor – projects|
|Salary||£25,000 – £28,000 per annum|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Accountable to||Head of people|
|Responsible for||No line management at present|
|Based||Hybrid worker with days to be worked in the office and at home as agreed with line manager, with some travel to our other office locations and across our region as required|
About Caring Together
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, information and advice to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
About the role
It is an exciting time to consider being part of the Caring Together team as we work hard to improve and develop an excellent employee and volunteer life cycle.
As HR advisor – projects, you will work closely with the head of people and HR business partner to provide pragmatic and practical support in all people-related matters.
Key focus areas for this role will be to help shape policies and procedures and to take ownership of our HRIS system and its development, helping to drive employee and volunteer engagement and contributing to the overall success of the charity.
The successful candidate will have generalist knowledge of HR principles and employment law, strong administrative/ process improvement experience and a working knowledge of HR systems (ideally CIPHR).
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Conduct a comprehensive policy audit and develop a program for continuous policy improvement.
- Research best practice and with senior HR colleagues and design policies that are pragmatic, practical, and compliant with legislation.
- Stay updated on changes in employment law and ensure policies and procedures are updated accordingly.
- Review existing people processes and align them with the charity’s strategy and operational priorities.
- Work with stakeholders and other colleagues to ensure processes are fit for purpose.
What we require from you includes:
- CIPD Level 3 or related experience
- Experience of working in a busy HR team
- Previous experience of working with HRIS systems
- Ability to work productively with a range of people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
What we can offer you includes:
- Discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Opportunity for professional development
Please click here to download the HR advisor – projects job pack [PDF, 119kb]
To discuss the role please contact the people team at Caring Together.
To apply, please complete the application form, including your availability and send with your CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 16 June 2023
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place in week beginning 19 June 2023