|Role||Digital Marketing Lead|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Accountable to||Head of Fundraising and Communications|
|Responsible for||None at present|
||Hybrid – with a minimum of 3 half days (or 1.5 full days) a week in the St Ives, Cambridgeshire office, and an expectation of regular travel across Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Peterborough.|
About Caring Together Charity
More than three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, information and advice to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world in which no unpaid carer is in crisis, isolated or struggling alone.
About the role
This role will drive forward digital marketing and communications activity at Caring Together Charity to support the over 150,000 unpaid carers of all ages across our region.
No one plans to become an unpaid carer. Yet the unpaid carers we support often devote hours of their time day in, day out to looking after a family member or friend with a long-term illness or disability. Whether the person you look after has dementia, cancer or schizophrenia, and whether they are your parent, partner, child, sister or grown-up son, that person cannot cope without your support, and you cannot plan your day without considering their needs.
The postholder will develop and implement creative, impactful and engaging digital campaigns across our websites and social media channels (for both Caring Together Charity and Carers Matter Norfolk) to reach:
- An increased number of people who are unpaid, family carers,
- Colleagues, friends and family of unpaid carers,
- Professionals who may come into contact with them,
- Potential donors and supporters of Caring Together Charity including businesses and community groups, and
- Potential staff and volunteers of Caring Together Charity.
73% of people who have a caring role do not recognise themselves as a ‘carer’. You will play a vital role in reaching carers so they can access advice, information and support early on, preventing them from reaching crisis point.
Key accountabilities of the role include
- To plan, develop and implement strategic digital marketing and communications campaigns and activities which support the wider strategic goals of Caring Together Charity and Carers Matter Norfolk. These will lead to an increase in reach, and engagement with a growing number of carers.
- To create innovative, creative and engaging content, including videos and reels, for use across our digital communication channels including website, e-newsletters, social media and webinars to increase engagement with Caring Together and Carers Matter Norfolk.
- To strengthen the brands of Caring Together Charity and Carers Matter Norfolk through effective online marketing and communications activity.
- To develop plans for each owned digital channel (websites, Facebook, Instagram, Linked in, Twitter/X, e-newsletters) to maximise performance and employ best practice.
- To make recommendations to maximise expenditure on ‘paid for’ social media advertising or other online advertising, working closely with colleagues to ensure website SEO and impactful use of Google Ad Grants.
Please see full job pack for key accountabilities and person specification for this
If you would like to have a chat with us about this role we would love to hear from you – just click here to contact us and we can arrange this.
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter describing how you meet the person specification to [email protected]
Closing date: 8am on 23 November 2023
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place on 29 November 2023
We are currently not registered for the skilled sponsorship programme, therefore we are unfortunately unable to accept any applications in this criterion. Please only apply if you have the relevant UK right to work documentation.