|Role||Carer Services Advisor|
|Hours||37 hours per week, working on an agreed shift pattern|
|Accountable to||Specialist Advice Service Manager/Advice Line Team Leaders|
|Location||Hybrid worker with days to be worked in the office and at home as agreed with line manager, with some travel to our other office locations and across our region as required.|
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice, and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is a world with no unpaid carer in crisis, isolated or struggling alone.
About the role
As part of our carer services team, your key focus will be supporting the rest of the team and provide services directly to carers and in partnership with multiple organisations and community groups. You will be responsible for providing carers with information and advice, signposting additional services, making onward referrals, discuss their options with how to access breaks from their caring role and undertaking triage-based conversations Carer Assessments and reviews. You will deliver this service via a varied platform including by phone (teams telephony), email, live chat and online.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Be point of contact for enquiries via our carer advice line, ensuring enquiries are responded to in a timely and efficient way to ensure a smooth transition to any information/support.
- When appropriate undertake triage-based conversations Carer Assessments and reviews. Complete action plans and agree any necessary follow up calls with the carer.
- Provide relevant, accurate and up to date information, advice, guidance, signposting and making onward referrals as needed, which will meet the needs of carers.
- Support the provision of breaks for carers, accessing the health and wellbeing fund and exploring grant opportunities.
- Support the customer service team by taking inbound calls. Accurately recording information to prevent delay in service deliveries.
- To work responsively and flexibly to offer high quality support to carers via a varied platform including by phone (teams telephony), email, live chat and online.
What we require from you includes:
- Relevant experience and knowledge (this is more important than qualifications).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You can empathise and relate to people from varied backgrounds and at all levels.
- You are a positive person with excellent attention to detail, who demonstrates a constructive, solution focussed approach.
What we can offer you includes:
- Discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Flexible working patterns will be considered
Closing date: The closing date for this post is 5pm on 11 December 2023, we reserve the right to close applications earlier if we have sufficient suitable applications.
Interview date: TBC.