|Role||Carer services advisor|
|Hours||30 hours per week, working on an agreed shift pattern|
|Accountable to||Specialist advice service manager|
|Location||Hybrid worker with days to be worked in the office and at home as agreed with line manager, with some travel to our other office locations and across our region as required.|
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice, and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
About the role
As part of our carer support team, your key focus will be supporting the rest of the team and providing services directly to carers and in partnership with multiple organisations and community groups. You will be responsible for providing carers with information, advice and arranging breaks from their caring role, signposting additional services, and being someone to talk to and undertaking low-level carer assessments. You will deliver this service via various platforms including by phone, Zoom, email, and online.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Be point of contact for enquiries via our carer advice line, ensuring enquiries are responded to in a timely and efficient way to ensure a smooth transition to any
- When appropriate, following initial call and triage, undertake low-level carers assessments, complete an action plan and agree any necessary follow up calls with
- Provide relevant, accurate and up to date information, advice, guidance and signposting, doing onward referrals as needed, which will meet the needs of carers.
- Support the provision of breaks for carers, including working with carer advisors to link carers into carer break opportunities and working closely with the fundraising and
engagement team to liaise with organisations willing to provide breaks.
- Support the running of the carer services team with a range of administrative tasks.
- To work responsively and flexibly to offer high quality support to families via various platforms including by phone, Zoom, email, and online.
What we require from you includes:
- Relevant experience and knowledge (this is more important than qualifications).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You can empathise and relate to people from varied backgrounds and at all levels.
- You are a positive person with excellent attention to detail, who demonstrates a constructive, solution focussed approach.
What we can offer you includes:
- Discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Flexible working patterns will be considered
Please click here to download our carer services advisor job information pack 2021 [PDF, 121kb]
To apply, please complete the application form [Word document, 104kb] and email your CV along with a covering letter describing how you meet the person specification to [email protected]
Closing date: The closing date for this post is 2 June 2023
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place on Thursday 8 June 2023.