|Role||Care worker – Great Yarmouth and surrounding area|
|Hourly rate||Starting £9.30-£12.30 per hour depending on time and day of call; up to £13.00 per hour|
|Expenses||Travel time and mileage expenses paid – mileage 30p/mile and travel time 20p/mile|
|Hours of work||Minimum 16 hours (see below)|
|Location||Great Yarmouth, we are also recruiting across Norfolk and Cambridgeshire|
We need your enthusiasm for helping others
- Are you experienced in the social care sector?
- Do you have a minimum L2 Heath and social care qualification?
- Would you like to work for a charity that takes pride in its care workers and the service they provide for our care customers.
We provide a minimum of one hour visits, whether in the home or helping people get out and about in the community.
Our care workers support people or a range of ages, with a wide variety of needs and personalities. Every day is varied and interesting.
We provide on-going training and support for our care workers.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected].
About Caring Together
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is a regional charity working in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk. We provide information and advice, run services in our local communities and campaign for carers’ rights, so that carers have choices.
As a care worker, your key focus areas will be delivering the highest quality levels of care and support to our customers. We are proud to support 12,000 carers and their families every year. Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
With your knowledge and experience you will be ensuring people have safe, caring, responsive, effective care and support to meet their personal needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work within the community in a small, highly effective team providing care and support.
- You have previous experience in social care
- You’ll be paid for your induction and outstanding training for recognised qualifications and continued professional development.
- You do a full valid driving licence and to have use of a vehicle
- You also need to care about the people you will work with.
As well as a rewarding career and a competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy:
- Refer a friend bonus
- Paid induction
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Competitive salary £9.30-£13 per hour
- Paid travel time and mileage expenses
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days) as well as the option to buy and sell annual leave
- Fuel card
- working in a charity that makes caring rewarding
- Long service awards
We believe in providing great care & connecting with the people we support.
More about the role
- Part of a responsive team providing support to patients and their families in their homes and the community
- Our visits are usually an hour or more
- Where possible our visits are by the same members of staff
- You will play a proactive role in signposting patients and their families to other relevant support
What our staff say
Jane said, “I feel proud to be part of a team who are committed to providing the best possible support to families, doing small things that make a big difference to people in their own homes and out and about”
And Brendan said, “My Care work consists of helping older people with personal care, shopping, taking them on trips out, though mostly they enjoy having someone to chat to, keeping them company.”
We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs.
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more you can email [email protected] or contact Jen or Claire for an informal chat on 01480 499090.