|Role||Care team manager|
|Salary||£23,638 per annum|
|Hours of work||37 hours per week (74 hours over a two-week period to support 24/7 service)|
|Accountable to||Head of care|
|Responsible for||Care professionals in your designated area|
|Based||Hybrid worker, based around Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire with a willingness to travel across both Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.|
About Caring Together
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice, and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
About the role
Are you passionate about delivering outstanding care and looking for a new challenge, then Caring Together wants to hear from you.
We are looking for a new care team manager to join our team, supporting and managing a small dedicated team of community care workers.
You will oversee the safe delivery of care packages to both carers and clients, this will include care packages across our contracted services and private or spot purchase care calls.
You will manage a caseload of clients including delivering care when required. Within your team you will ensure that care workers have undertaken appropriate induction and shadowing and that they receive 1-1 supervisions and appraisals annually. You will work with the care bookings team and head of care to help identify areas for business growth for example private care packages and spot purchase packages of care from the local authority in your area.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Effective management of care team, their performance and development, supporting them to deliver ‘outstanding’ care services.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of delivering care in a domiciliary setting or care home or hospital setting.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines and regulations seeking continuous improvement in CQC ratings.
- To undertake thorough and robust care assessments including risk assessments for existing clients.
- Develop and grow homecare and support services.
What we need from you includes:
- NVQ Level 3 or higher in health and social care.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Health and Social Care Act and the Care Act and implication in care delivery services.
- Ability to write clear and concise care plans based on a person-centred approach.
- Experience of engaging with a diverse range of users and stakeholders with excellent customer service ethos.
- Self-motivated and committed to achieving the ambition of the charity.
What we offer for you includes:
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing development and training opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (8 days)
- Flexible working including homeworking
- Pension scheme.
For further information about this role please contact [email protected]
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs.
Closing date and interviews: Please note this is a rolling recruitment process. We will be assessing applications, shortlisting, and offering interviews as the applications are received. The job will close once a candidate has been appointed.