|Role||Bank care professionals|
|Hourly rate||Starting from £11.00 – £13.52 per hour depending on time and day of call and experience|
|Expenses||Travel time and mileage expenses paid – mileage 35p/mile and travel time 21p/mile|
|Hours of work||Variable|
|Location||Available for locations in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk|
Would you like to work for a charity that takes pride in its care professionals and the service they provide to our homecare customers?
Are you experienced in the social care sector?
Or maybe you are looking for a change in career and would you like to train to be able to help others by becoming a care worker?
About Caring Together
We are proud to support over 12,000 carers and their families every year. Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
We believe in providing great care and connecting with the people we support.
About the role
We provide a minimum of one-hour visits, whether in the home or helping people get out and about in their community and are seeking candidates who wish to work varied hours.
Our care professionals support people of all ages, with a wide variety of needs and personalities. They deliver high quality, person-centred care at the times people would like it. Every day is varied and interesting and it is an opportunity for you to make a real difference to the lives of people in your community. If you are honest, reliable and trustworthy this is a role for you as they are all key values that the charity promotes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work within the community in a small, highly effective team providing care and support.
All your training will be paid and you will complete the care certificate qualification if you have not already completed it. There is an opportunity for ongoing professional development.
This is a permanent post and subject to an enhanced disclosure, paid for by Caring Together.
A full driving licence is mandatory and access to a car is essential for this role as it is community based. Unfortunately applicants who do not have this will not be considered for this role.
Skills and knowledge
- Previous experience of social care but not essential as all training will be provided.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Ability to work productively with a range of people with a range of needs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Flexible attitude.
- Able to adapt to changing needs.
- Willingness to travel across our region.
- Work phone provided.
- Ongoing training and professional development.
- Competitive salary £11.00 – £13.52 per hour and company benefits.
- Dependent on availability flexible hours to suit.
- Paid travel time and mileage expenses.
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days) as well as the option to buy additional annual leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Fuel card (terms apply).
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Long service awards.
We believe in providing great care and connecting with the people we support. Key responsibilities of the role.
- Be part of a responsive team providing support to patients and their families in the community via our home care service. Our visits are usually an hour or more and where possible we plan them to be from the same members of staff from our dedicated team.
- With your knowledge you will be ensuring people who use our services receive safe, caring, responsive and effective care.
- Play a proactive role in signposting patients and their families to other relevant support services.
If you would like to have a chat with us about this role we would love to hear from you – just click here to contact us and we can arrange this.
We are currently not registered for the skilled sponsorship programme, therefore we are unfortunately unable to accept any applications in this criterion. Please only apply if you have the relevant UK right to work documentation.