These five standards are drawn directly from the work of young carers and have then been consulted on with workers and professionals.
- Have a named member of staff as champion/lead for young carers and young adult carers.
- Have a young carer/young adult carer agreement, in development with young carers.
- Cover issues relating to young carers/young adult carers in staff training.
- Display information about young carers within school. Including information on Norfolk Young Carers Forum and projects that support young carers/young adult carers in Norfolk.
- Cover topics relating to disability/illness/young carers in assemblies and/or tutor time. Raise awareness of young carers in Carers Week and as part of Young Carers Awareness Day.
Contact us to discuss how you can start, by emailing us [email protected]