The British Red Cross Independent Living scheme in Peterborough helps anyone in the city council’s area over the age of 18 who needs time limited support.
The service could be of benefit to someone following a difficult time in their lives, maybe an accident, illness or bereavement. The support is structured to be short term with six weeks intervention at the time it is needed.
A volunteer from the community can:
- Visit at home to support you
- Follow up a return home from hospital
- Assist you in making plans
- Help you rebuild confidence
- Offer companionship
- Help with week to week activities e.g.:
- completing paperwork
- Provide short term carer respite (we do not provide any personal care)
- Support accessing other services.