Are you someone enjoys a challenge? Are you looking for something to give you a sense of achievement? This could be the event for you.
The Broads Walk Challenge 2020
Saturday 13 June–Sunday 14 June 2020
By taking part in this unique challenge, you will get to enjoy seeing fantastic wildlife and beautiful country views. This challenge takes you down quiet country lanes, well-maintained tracks and stunning nature trails such as the Weavers Way. You will cross through the rolling countryside while following the rivers and waterways as they make their way to the sea.
The Broads Walk Challenge, is a genuinely tough but achievable trek with options for a range of of experiences. You can walk, jog or run this route, enter as an individual, group or relay team.
25km: Starting at Hickling and finishing at Acle. You will pass through the largest of the Broads, Hickling Broad – a year-round haven for wildlife. You will walk along the trails whilst taking in the beauty of the area.
50km: Starting Aylsham and finishing at Acle. This is a beautiful hike that includes breath-taking views of wide skies and winding waterways.
90km: This is a challenging circular trek that starts and finishes in Acle, taking in all the fantastic aspects that the National Park offers.
If you are entering as a relay team the starting points for the relay are Acle, Hoveton, Aylsham or Hickling. Each leg will be 21-23km with a shuttle bus service provided.
What’s the cost?
25km trek: £39 entry fee
50km trek: £59 entry fee
90km trek: £79 entry fee
All this, whilst raising money for Caring Together. There isn’t a minimum amount that we’re asking you to raise but we suggest a target of £250 or more!
We will support you all the way with your fundraising. From helping you set up a fundraising page to share with your friends and family, to giving you collection boxes and sponsorship forms and more. We have lots of ideas to help you get your fundraising up and running.
In return you will get
Full support for the whole 24hrs! You will be provided with everything you need to achieve your challenge and make sure you have a great time along the way!
Optional bus service from Acle to the start lines.
The 25km option starts in Hickling (20-minute bus journey). The 50km starts in Aylsham (30-minute bus journey). The full 90km route, starts and finishes in Acle. There is an additional charge of £12 for the bus.
The following will be available to make sure you have everything you need for a great walk:
- Caring Together T-shirt so that you can show your support.
- Hot drinks and snacks to start the day.
- Optional hot breakfast to purchase before you set off.
- Bag drop service will take your kit to the finish line.
- Timing chip and bib provided in event pack.
- Full event support – marshals and support walkers.
- Fully signed route and route map.
- Manned check-points en-route.
- Friends and family welcome at the finish line.
- Finishers medal and t-shirt.
- Hot meal at the finish for everyone.
- Licensed bar at the venue.
- Stretching and warm down tent.
- Supporters can also pre-order food and join in.
- Event medics at rest stops.
- FREE snacks, drinks at refuelling stations.
- Halfway lunch stops for the 90km and 50km routes.
To find out more and to register please contact Nicky Newton by telephone on 01480 499090 or email [email protected]
The Broads Walk Challenge is organised by Inspire Races.